Whilst the concept of Mindfulness as an approach is a modern one which offers a new way of altering our outlook on life and as such helping us to manage stress and anxiety. It is very simply allowing ourselves to
remain in the present with those feelings and emotions in our physical being but not judging those emotions or feelings and therefore not allowing them to overwhelm us.
“ Mindfulness means paying attention in a particular way; On purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally”
Mindfulness allows us to take a holistic approach to our self in terms of Mind, Body and Spirit and helps us to maintain a balance within the Mind and Body which helps us to take a more philosophical and detached outlook to our experiences
What can it do for me
Research has shown that Mindfulness training can bring:
- Greater Insight– By observing our experiences we can gain clarity on what is happening within our lives
- Improved Problem solving– We can begin to create time and space to make considered and creative decisions
- Better Attention- Being less distracted means our experiences become clearer, richer and more vivid
- More acceptance– We can learn to enjoy a sense of wellbeing whether things are going right or not
- Greater enjoyment of life-As we become more aware of pleasant experiences which we had left unnoticed due to our focus being on the past or the future.
The Course is being supported by
Witton Gilbert Parish Church Council
And is subsidized
Next Course: TBC